Thursday, August 30, 2012

Slap Me Please

Guys, today I 闯祸 again. While serving some Indonesian customers, a misunderstanding took place. The auntie told me a lot of unnecessary details that I got confused. So, I double checked with that passenger "so you want to take today last ferry 1820hr?" She replied yes. After I finished checked-in for them, I told them "board before 1800hr" and once again, she replied me "yes". 


Just when the check-in time for 12.30hr ferry was about to close, the members started to run to our counter one by one holding the boarding pass. I had a feeling that something bad was going to take place. The Singaporean relative and surprisingly the auntie as well, insisted that they told me 12.30hr ferry. I've got no time to argue with them and I didn't even bother to say sorry for that case, I was rushing to key in 12.30hr for them only.

They left. I was still in the middle of confusion, with the feeling of being wronged but trying to calm myself down as I explained to Raisha. Then she passed me their old (wrong) boarding pass to delete. I wasn't thinking straight and ended up in deleting the 1230hr. Once again, I feel like slapping myself. I told Huda "shit. They are going to come back again. I just deleted their 1230hr ferry." She hurried off to inform them as I typed their particulars. 

In the end, some confusion appeared and there was one of the passenger whose boarding pass didn't even have problem ended up to have a problem. The status in the system clearly stated "Pre-imm" which means that the passenger had tapped the card and entered the gate. By now, he SHOULD be inside the immigration already. However, for some weird reason which we didn't know, he was still outside together with others. In the end, we realised that not only him, some of his family members encountered the same situation. Eventually, the officers started to raise their voice and spoke impolitely to the problematic family. Huda was doing departure today, so we could tell that she was having hard time inside especially when the family members kept on scolding her and the officers. 

She didn't utter a single word when she came out and I had been worrying for that all the while when she was still inside. I prepared for that long to say sorry but the atmosphere was really tense when she was back. Lynda told me before not to worry as she'll be fine after a while. All of us could tell how her face was as black as charcoal. However, when she came back and started to stay behind (perhaps because I was in front and she wanted to avoid me), I didn't dare to go in as well, nevertheless to say "I'm Sorry". Out of sudden, that two words just stuck in my throat. Lynda then tried to help me by saying "Huda, Christina wants to tell you something." I appreciated her "help" but I would have stopped her if I could because I knew that Huda was really pissed off this time round. I couldn't help but to say "Sorry" because of the awkwardness but she continued to ignore me. Luckily my shift ended half an hour later but it would seemed to be that I ran away after making mistake. I would rather stayed there and observe her change of mood for the rest of the day but I needed to teach tuition. 

Raisha texted me in the afternoon that three of them were not talking and it was very awkward. But after 2 hours later, she texted me saying that Huda had laughed and joked with Sha. Good thing, but I was really scared that she would give me a 180 degree different treatment tomorrow. 어 떻 개???? 정 말 미 안 해 Hudaaaaa. 

I wonder how would she stare at me tomorrow when I entered SindoFerry at 9am tomorrow. It will be full day shift for me btw. Disaster? I sensed the hostility, anger and the resentment already. Should I even say "sorry" again tomorrow? If she's not angry anymore, then I indirectly reminded her about this as I say "sorry", how?? Or if she'll be waiting for me to say "sorry" but I didn't dare to say, how? She's a nice person and I understood why she had reacted that way. After all, she wasn't the one in fault at all. I was partly in fault and the problematic family also, but she ended up to be my scapegoat and being scolded on my behalf. That must have been really hard for her as I knew the feeling of being wronged. I hated it so much. But I really didn't know what to do already. I felt damn guilty till now and I cried all the way in the bus just now. Really really hope that things will turn out well tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment