Friday, April 13, 2012

Birthday Preparation

Tomorrow is HuiYing's birthday, a friend that I've met when I first came to Outram Secondary School. So, she's kinda important to me as she is one of my best friends, who has been there for me a lot of times whenever I need her. She might be the one who has heard my complaints the most, also the one who has been there for me when the whole wide world seems to be opposing me. So yeah, Hoa, Lina, YuShuo and I obviously planned to celebrate birthday for her. 
I set off around 12.15pm yesterday to meet Lina at Dhoby Ghaut to buy Birthday card for HuiYing. We eventually spent very long time at two shops, having a hard time to choose for the best design. As you can see, there are really lots of design @PaperWorks.
The pictures are quite blur because I was not too sure if photographing is allowed or not. Haha
These are the cards that have went through the 1st selection by me. :)

and I liked this "Rock-A-Bye-Baby" card the most. Damn cute with the notes. Huiying loves music. ^^
After selecting for damn long, we decided to move on to another shop which I did not take note of the name. They also have a lot of designs and we finally picked our favourites and planned to combine two cards together. At the end of the day, we bought just two cards and a colourful thread. Basically, that's all. We had decided to make use of the materials we had and to decorate it with our creativity. Seriously, I love artwork. 
So, we moved on to Lina's hostel to get things started.

It was a total mess at the start coz we have no idea how to start with doing it.
We cut of the letters from Present Perfect Magazine to form "Happy Birthday" for the card.

Still choosing which one to cut


Arranging the newspapers
Newspapers which we burnt the sides
That's me! :) A bit unglam, yeah ikr.

Yeah, I've filled up the top left hand side while Lina wrote on the top left hand side

Made by me with the colourful thread. Nice, right? Love this part the most. 
Finally done at the end of the day.
By the time we finished everything, it was already like 8.30pm? Damn tiring but I've got a great sense of accomplishment! :) So excited for tomorrow's outing. Really really love the birthday card to the max. Good night. :D





No comments:

Post a Comment